How To Improve Your Posture At Work
It can be difficult trying to always sit up straight and to avoid slouching. Exceptionally if your job requires you to sit for hours. Here's five tips you can use to improve your posture gradually.
- Uncross your legs - The correct way to sit in a chair requires you to place your feet flat on the ground. That means no crossing your legs or sticking them out in front of you.
- Keep your ears in line with your shoulders - If you're leaning too far forward or backward, your posture is off-kilter. Use this trick whenever you're sitting at your desk.
- Pull back your shoulder blades - Drawing them back and down will bring your chest up and out, and help you avoid getting rounded shoulders.
- Try using a lumbar support pillow - A lumbar support pillow does some of the work for you by supporting your spine. You'll be forced into the correct position every time you sit down. For a quicker fix, you can use a rolled-up towel.
- Get up and move every so often - Sitting for long periods of time is not good for your body. It slows blood flow, abdominal muscles get weaker and bones get thinner. Try to stand up every hour or so and do some simple stretches such as shoulder shrugs and wall angel. For wall angel, stand up against the wall with your legs spread apart and hold your arms on either side of you in a 90-degree angle. slowly raise your arms up and down. Do this for 15 reps.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Take control of your life, rock on!
Till next month, Evie xx